Here at december19 we are proud to support and celebrate IWD. We have a long history of providing a workplace where women can thrive.
From nurturing new female talent to ensuring working mothers have the opportunity to continue their careers whilst still finding the time to be Mum. We champion flexible working, allowing parents the opportunity to find their work life balance. We support those starting out in their media careers, getting them on the ladder with great opportunities to become marketing stars.
With 50% of our workforce being female, IWD is a day we always pay attention to. A time to celebrate the strong women we are and an opportunity to check in and make sure we are doing all we can to #breakthebias.
The media industry has seen a very small increase in female hires (0.94% yoy), but it’s how these women are treated once on board that needs to be considered. So what are we doing here to make sure we continue to #breakthebias.
- We will call out gendered actions or assumptions
- We will help forge a gender equal world
- We will maintain a gender equal mindset
- We will challenge gender stereotypes, discrimination and bias
- We will forge positive visibility of women
- We will try to influence others’ beliefs and actions
- We will celebrate women’s achievements
And it wouldn’t be IWD without a shout out to our wonderful team present and past; Maj, Katy, Sam, Amy, Sally, Phillipa, Olivia, Maddie, Nicola, Carly, Jen, Suosan, Katie, Paige, Gem, Holly, Helena, Amber, Harriet and Ash, you are all more than just a percentage to us!
Source: World Economic Forum